Monday, May 7, 2012

A dog for me is what it shall be!!

                                                          Cocker Spaniel



I've never had a pet. When I tell people this, they tell me I've been deprived! Although I'm sure a pet would have been a wonderful asset to my home, I understand now as an adult why my parents never allowed my siblings and I to have one. Pets are a lot of responsibility. They require attention, love, and of course, need to be taken care of, just like human beings. When I move out of my parents' house, I would love to finally have a pet. My pet of choice? A dog!! I prefer dogs over cats and I believe if you treat them well, they will be loyal to you for years to come. I would like to get an Alaskan Husky, a Labrador Retriever, or a Cocker Spaniel. This will not be for many years, but when the time does come, I hope that my long awaited pet and I are a perfect match.


                        
            Alaskan Husky                                                Labrador Retrievers




Vocabulary
Deprived- lacking the necessities of life.


Asset-a useful or desirable thing.


Responsibility- a person or thing that one is accountable for.


Choice- a number and variety to select from.


Prefer- to like better or best.


Loyal- faithful.

Grammar Activity
Directions: In the puzzle below, find the vocabulary words from the list above.


A  X  S  Y  L  X  A  F  Y  B  L  K  G  X  A  I
K  C  C  H  S  L  Q  R  G  S  I  P  V  Z  V  C
I  I  P  T  R  V  L  D  G  E  C  I  O  H  C  M
G  Z  B  V  D  B  U  K  H  A  S  S  E  T  K  U
W  I  B  J  X  F  O  V  T  R  B  Y  X  H  E  B
W  T  Y  T  I  L  I  B  I  S  N  O  P  S  E  R
P  M  N  C  L  T  Y  A  I  C  P  J  F  I  L  J
Q  F  Q  U  F  I  M  X  Z  Y  H  W  J  I  P  Q
F  T  T  T  P  Z  H  Q  G  L  J  A  I  R  I  W
O  P  R  E  F  E  R  P  D  G  V  C  N  L  L  W
Z  D  E  V  I  R  P  E  D  K  Q  P  K  O  B  N
K  K  S  X  M  O  B  E  Q  G  C  E  X  Y  W  X
O  Z  G  H  I  R  K  C  F  I  E  C  W  A  S  F
E  S  S  Y  C  D  T  K  P  H  S  A  T  L  Y  V
C  Q  E  S  E  J  J  M  X  W  I  M  V  X  T  H
X  F  U  Y  B  L  B  B  G  M  J  O  N  I  X  Y


Grammar Point
The paragraph is written to include the past, present, and future tenses and contains many adjectives which is a word used to describe something.

Grammar Assignment
Make a sentence with each of the new vocabulary words. Be creative :)!



No comments:

Post a Comment